Image compression using java
There are no specific API is available for compressing the images.
Supported format files are JPG (Joint Photography Experts Group) and PNG (Portable Network Graphics)
- Download Jar (Java Archive) which is developed by Java Query API
- Create a instance using ImageResize Class and using that object call the method compressImage
ImageResize ir = new ImageResize();
ir.compressImage("Source Location", "Destination ", width, height);
String Parameter: Source Location and Destination
Integer Parameter: width and height
· 1st Parameter : Source Location , Example c:\\demo\\image.jpg
· 2nd Parameter : if you mention “default” then it will compress the original image and if you mention the destination location then it will create a new compressed image
· 3rd Parameter & 4th Parameter : if you enter 0 for both then image resolution will not change but if you mention some value greater than 0 then image resolution will be changed.
That’s it. Thanks to the Java Query API for implementing this API.