Putty software can be used to connect amazon instance remotely.
Required thing to connect to amazon ubuntu instance.
- IP address or Hostname
- SSH port 22 firewall allowed port
- Amazon newly generated key
During the launch of Ubuntu instance you may have download Key which is a password, encrypted in RSA algorithm and helps telnet or SSH application to access Amazon instance.
Download PuttyGen.exe and load your download amazon key to generate private key.
Open puttygen > load your amazon key in puttygen > Click save private key button to save the generate file.
- Open putty > Go to session from category list
- Enter "firstname.lastname@example.org" in hostname or ip address area in putty session where ubuntu is username and after @ is a ip address or hostname
- Port is "22" which is a default port standard for ssh
- Go to Connection from category list > SSH > Auth
- Private key file for authentication there you have to load the putty generate private key not amazon download file.
- Now click open button to see the amazon terminal.
If it is not opening then make sure to see your instance status and ip address.